Low Carb Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I know kale is having a moment right now but I LOVE iceberg lettuce.
It’s crunchy, refreshing, hydrating and inexpensive.
When I’m making lettuce wraps, I’ll typically use either iceberg lettuce, boston (AKA bibb lettuce) or romaine lettuce leaves. Lettuce wraps are great for tacos, for wrapping up a sandwich or for making asian chicken lettuce wraps like you’ll find here.
This recipe is a take on one of my favorite dishes at Philippe Chow (or Mr. Chow… I’m more partial to Philippe though). PF Changs also has a version of these but I feel like I have a weird after taste… is that just me?
Anyway, my husband and I are basic AF and we also always order ALL chicken ALL the time. I honestly don’t get sick of it, but if you’re one of the many people who do, this is a great recipe because it’s so far away from plain old grilled chicken.
These lettuce wraps are so easy to make and very light. A big serving has only 200 calories and packs 26 grams of protein. You can even add in more veggies (like shitake mushrooms, water chestnuts, etc) for more fiber and volume.
These are great on their own or paired with rice (regular rice, miracle rice or the Trader Joe’s cauliflower fried rice seen here). Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Want more asian recipes? Check out my healthy fried rice!Print
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Shallot (or small onion), Diced
- 1 Zucchini, Diced
- 1 Medium Carrot, Diced
- 8 scallions, Chopped
- 1 Head Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 lb Lean Ground Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
- Wash and dry lettuce. Cut each leaf to form a cup, place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Dice shallot, zucchini, carrot and scallions
- Heat non-stick pan over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add sesame oil.
- Add vegetables to pan and cook ~5 minutes until they start to brown.
- Add ground chicken breast to pan, using your spoon to break it into small pieces.
- Add sauces into pan and mix through.
- Allow chicken to cook through.
- Serve in cold lettuce cups.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 26 g